|"The heart of our karate is real fighting.
There can be no proof without real fighting.
Without proof there is no trust.
Without trust there is no respect.
This is a definition in the world of Martial Arts."
The Kyokushin Philosophy
|Keep your head low (modesty), eyes high (ambition),
mouth shut (serenity); base yourself on filial piety and benefit others.
Dojo Kun (Dojo oath)
- We will train our hearts and bodies for a firm unshaking spirit.
- We will pursue the true meaning of the Martial Way, So that in
time, our senses may be alert.
- With true vigor, we will seek to cultivate a spirit of self
- We will observe the rules of courtesy, respect our superiors,
and refrain from violence.
- We will follow our god, and never foget the true virtue of
- We will look upwards to wisdom and strength, not seeking other
- All our lives, through the discipline of karate, we will seek to
fulfill the true meaning of the kyokushin way.
The Eleven Mottoes of Mas Oyama
- The Martial Way begins and ends with courtesy.
Therefore, be properly and genuinely courteous at all times.
- Following the Martial Way is like scaling a cliff - continue
upwards without rest.
It demands absolute and unfaltering devotion to the task at hand.
- Strive to seize the initiative in all things, all the time
guarding against actions stemming from selfish animosity or
- Even for the Martial Artist, the place of money cannot be
Yet one should be careful never to become attached to it.
- The Martial Way is centered in posture.
Strive to maintain correct posture at all times.
- The Martial Way begins with one thousand days and is mastered
after ten thousand days of training.
- In the Martial Arts, introspection begets wisdom.
Always see contemplation on your action as an opportunity to improve.
- The nature and purpose of the Martial Way is universal.
All selfish desires should be roasted in the tempering fires of hard
- The Martial Arts begins with a point and end in a circle.
Straight lines stem from this principle.
- The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through
Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.
- Always remember: In the Martial Arts the rewards of a confident
and Grateful heart are truly abundant.